In Beijing Translation Company, improving one's own listening is the common goal of many translators. So what methods and skills do you have to improve your listening? Let's listen to the introduction of the translation company.
The translation company believes that the first step in the process of interpretation is listening. Listening in interpretation refers to listening with full concentration and high concentration. To do this, we must first be interested in what we hear. That is to say, I want to listen. When trainees are psychologically well prepared and have a strong desire for knowledge, their ability to actively receive information will reach the maximum. Secondly, keep yourself sharp. The posture in listening training is very important, and to some extent, it reflects whether or not it is in a state of high concentration. Secondly, in listening training, we should grasp the speaker's thinking, through the links of relevant knowledge, understand the speaker's meaning in the shortest time, and make a reasonable prediction of the following.
(1) Specific methods of listening training
(1) intensive listening. Just as there are intensive reading and extensive reading in English, listening training can also be divided into intensive listening and extensive listening. The so-called intensive listening is to understand every word, every sentence, and the purpose and tone of the speaker as much as possible in a state of high concentration. Intensive listening training is the main method to improve students'listening ability. Specific training can be divided into single sentence training and paragraph training.
(2) Single sentence training. When training a single sentence, according to the principle from easy to difficult, it can be divided into three steps. The first step is to listen to a single sentence and translate the content of the utterance. After listening to a single sentence, the translator is required to basically reproduce the original information in the target language. Step 2: Listen to the sentences and repeat them in English, then translate them into Chinese. Step 3: Listen to the sentences, follow them synchronously, and translate them into Chinese after playback. Through the above three steps of training, students can not only improve the accuracy of listening, but also enhance short-term memory ability.
(3) Paragraph training. Paragraph training can also be divided into three steps. Step 1: Listen to the passage and repeat the main idea in English. The purpose is to train the interpreter to grasp the speaker's thinking, to grasp the logic of the paragraph, and to train the ability of induction and summary. Step 2: Listen to the passage and repeat the main idea in Chinese. On the basis of the first step of training, the link of understanding and expression is added to train students'ability of information reorganization. Step 3: Listen to the passage, follow it synchronously, and begin to translate it into Chinese after playback. This part of the training has higher requirements for students'anti-interference ability, memory, understanding and expression ability.
The training of phrases mainly focuses on the logical thinking ability, comprehension and memory ability of interpreters. Because of the large amount of information in corpus, translators must
It is necessary to learn how to use the methods of classification, classification and comparison in a short time to find out the connections between sentences in a paragraph, so as to assist in short-term memory. When necessary, note-taking and other means should be used to assist memory and expression.
(2) Listen extensively. The so-called extensive listening means listening to English information anytime and anywhere without specific purpose. Chinese culture emphasizes the role of "subtle influence", as well as in listening training.
(3) Auxiliary methods for improving listening comprehension
(1) Enlarging vocabulary. The four links of listening, speaking, reading and writing in English learning are not isolated, but mutually reinforcing. In the process of training, in order to make breakthroughs in listening, we must also expand our vocabulary by reading a large number of books, especially newspapers and magazines, and grasp new words in time. In this way, when listening training can be as effective as a tiger, twice the result with half the effort.
(2) 补充背景知识,培养广泛的兴趣。英语口译的过程可以分为听取信息、话语分析、信息重组三个环节。 因此,听力训练也不是孤立的,而是和理解的各个环节紧密相关。
(2) To supplement background knowledge and cultivate broad interests. The process of English interpretation can be divided into three parts: listening to information, discourse analysis and information reorganization. Therefore, listening training is not isolated, but closely related to all aspects of understanding.
In a word, listening training is an important part of interpretation and a prerequisite for ensuring the quality of interpretation. Interpreters should strengthen their listening training.