In the process of cooperation with Beijing translation company, many customers are very interested in how our interpreters can improve their translation level quickly. To know that a good interpreter needs to keep learning, let Beijing translation company introduce the methods for us to improve our translation level!
1. Read more books, especially foreign language works. Read high quality newspapers every day for at least one year. Read high quality magazines, from the front cover to the back cover, read every page. Read foreign language works on topics of interest to you. Read other high-quality materials that help broaden your horizons.
2. Pay more attention to current affairs reports in various languages in TV and radio. Don't just listen to the news as a story. Analyze the news. Keep pace with the times and keep up with current events. Record news programs and interviews for review.
3. Strengthen your knowledge in economy, history, law, international politics and science, and understand some basic concepts and principles. This can be achieved by studying university courses or reviewing high school textbooks. Strengthen your knowledge in a specific area.
4. Improve your writing and research skills. Take a challenging writing course so that you are familiar with the writing styles of "news body", "United Nations body", "legal body", etc. Copy foreign language textbooks and periodical paragraphs. Write down the grammar points that are not commonly used or easy to make mistakes one by one, and try to master them. Do more error correction exercises.
5. Translation of English articles should be done in a country where the common language is your foreign language for a period of time. It is recommended to stay for at least the first half to one year. Live or interact with native speakers of your foreign language. Take some courses taught in foreign languages. Work in an environment that requires a high level of foreign language proficiency.
6. Improve your public speaking skills. Take a rigorous lecture course. Practice writing speeches and making speeches in front of other people. Practice both in your mother tongue and in a foreign language.
7. To be engaged in the translation of English articles, you need to hone your analytical skills. Practice summarizing the central idea of the speech you hear. Practice writing summaries of news reports. Practice interpreting difficult articles (such as philosophy articles, law articles, etc.). Practice explaining complex concepts. Reserve resources for background research (including library, network, etc.).
8. Learn to take care of yourself. Reasonable diet, regular exercise, enough sleep. This is a necessary habit to be a good interpreter.
9. Be familiar with computers. Familiar with how to navigate and manage files under Windows operating system. Understand the characteristics of multilingual processes in Windows system, such as keyboard layout of specific languages, regional setting methods, etc. Familiar with native language versions of word, Excel and other office software as well as foreign language versions. Through daily frequent use, familiar with search engine and network resource search.
10. Never too old to learn. Be patient. It's not an overnight task to upgrade your language and analytical skills to the level required by a professional translator. Only through long-term unremitting efforts can we succeed in this challenging and stimulating field.