We have many excellent translators in Beijing Translation Company, so our translation work is very popular with everyone. Do you know what qualities a good translator in Beijing Translation Company needs?
1. To master the common terminology in your work, you should have a sense of responsibility and a flexible professional ability.
2. Full foreign language knowledge and skills, profound understanding of the original text, excellent basic knowledge of Chinese, and broad horizons of knowledge.
3. We also need to be diligent and inquisitive. You are unlikely to master all the knowledge and skills. Only when you read and train the relevant materials fully before translating can you make your language expression more professional.
4. Not only professional competence, but also the translator's native language competence is crucial. Take the present China for example, the correct understanding and mastery of the Chinese culture!
5. Skillful and unique Internet search skills. Nowadays, in the information age, new things are emerging rapidly, and good translation needs to move towards the direction of "learning as you use". The original learning strategy was to store knowledge and skills beforehand, that is, to be highly skilled. Now most of your trucks can't keep up with it. For example, if a translation company wants you to translate a place name of Hong Kong, Ganoden Road, how long will it take you to read a special English Dictionary of place names? This is still a big place name, which may be found in an English dictionary. If you look at the Sun Tower, you may not find it in all English dictionaries. But searching on the Internet is effortless.
6. Grasp the meaning of translation and understand the importance of information search; love the translation industry, we need to have a deep Chinese ability, at least the translation of things to understand; love the truth, not to translate the original smoothly.
7. Have a certain literary background, have a certain scientific quality; often read and train foreign books or magazines; always curious!
8. We should fully and correctly understand the cultural differences between the two countries. The most important thing is the love expressed in two languages, or the love and interest in translation work. When you feel that you love this thing, you will naturally try your best to do it well. Next is to have talent, an inspiration, a sense of grasp of language expression. As for translation skills, knowledge and skills, they are a process from quantitative change to qualitative change and cannot be forced.